As a Marriage Celebrant I am mindful of the hard work and preparation that goes in to making your day so special. Here are some tips that may help you. Please contact me if I can be of any assistance.
1. Choose where you want to get married and what date. Also choose the venues if it isn’t in the same place. Don’t look at too many. Ask your friends and family if they know a good place. The more places that you look at, the more difficult it can be for you.
2. Choose me as your marriage celebrant. We can get together quickly and look closely at what you want on your day. I also have contacts who can assist you with other aspects of your day.
3. You will need to think of a florist, who will be taking your photos, entertainment, photographers etc.
4 Set a date to meet up with me so we can talk over your special day. We can start planning together and i will provide you with necessary information.
5. Apply for a marriage license with the local office of BDM. This can be downloaded from the web-site as follows www.dia.govt.nz A maximum of three days is the timeframe to do this.
6. Is it time for a second meeting? I will have drafted a script that you can look at. you may want poems, songs, people saying things. We can work on this at this meeting. Also bring any documentation that is needed.
7. We will keep in contact regularly to make any necessary changes. I can be found on mobile, email or on my website.
8. We can do a dress rehearsal if required. i am available to help in this. It will be great also to get everybody together before thew special day or night.
9. Once the license is issued, the ceremony can take place, but only at the place that is named on the license.
I look forward to hearing from you regarding your special day. It will be an honour to be a part of it.
Grant Hobbs Marriage Celebrant